It is a collaborative process. Together, we will explore the infinite ways you can increase your body awareness and change lifetime habits that are no longer useful. No matter your condition, injury or age, improvement is always possible. All it takes is curiosity and a willingness to pay attention to yourself. You’ll learn to move the way your were meant to move—gracefully, easily and effortlessly.
You will be empowered with the knowledge and tools to:
- Reduce stress and pain
- Restore mobility and balance for enhanced flexibility
- Improve posture and heighten athletic performance
- Breathe fully and sleep better
The Fundamentals: Mind-Body Connection Made Easy
Like the conductor of an orchestra, your brain orchestrates every movement that your body makes.
- It sends neurological impulses to your muscles, joints, bones, ligaments, tendons in a highly co-ordinated way. Forget about cliches like “muscle memory”, “no pain, no gain” and “core strength”. Ultimately, better movement means improving how your brain creates and organizes movement.
- Just like you have firmly held beliefs and opinions, your body does too. Over time, it has fixated into deep seated, subconscious patterns, like your posture, and how you move, stand and hold yourself.
- Often these strongly held postural patterns create imbalances leading to muscular skeletal problems and pain. They can also limit you, preventing you from doing something that you once did.
- By tapping into the brain’s unlimited capabilities for change, you don’t need to live with these limitations or pain.
- This is where the Feldenkrais Method comes in.
- For more information see Feldenkrais FAQ.